Direct micropigmentation (MPG) is a technique offered by DHI Mexico, that improves alopecia by decreasing areas with scarce hair that are caused by some health issues or genetic factors.
Micropigmentation is semi-permanent (2 – 3 years) and is settled in the desired area of the skin on the scalp in the form of small dots throughout the desired haur-loss area. The purpose of this method is to create visually high hair density by simulating the greater volume of hair between existing or transplanted hair, or for men with very advanced alopecia who would like to wear a shaving style.
This procedure is also commonly used to hide scars from previous transplant procedures such as FUT, or injuries caused by an accident.
The color of the pigment is chosen in such a way that it is similar to the color of the hair present in the scalp in a safe way without being harmful or causing any damage or irritation. The micropigmentation procedure is done by doctors who have been trained and certified by DHI Global Medical Group.
Micro-pigmentation of DHI is recommended in the following cases:
- A) In Cases ofAndrogeneticAlopecia
- For increasing the appearance of existing hair density in the problematic areas.
- In high Norwood scale of hair loss, it is usually recommended in combination with Direct Hair Transplantation DHI.
- For people who have a very poor donor area or have exceeded 50% of their donor extraction.In this case micropigmentation can be applied to both the donor and recipient areas.
5. For hiding scars, for example, from an FUT hair strip transplant procedure.
6. B) Non-Operable Cases of Scalp Alopecia or Disorders (where hair transplantation is not recommended)
7. If the patient has systemic micromangiopathy or is using drugs with toxic effects at the cellular level, these conditions would affect the survival of the transplanted hair follicles so the procedure would not be suggested (Diabetes Type 1, Scar Tissue, Atherosclerosis or Heavy Smokers Etc.)
8. If the person has important skin disorders such asVitiligo, AlopeciaAreata and other disorders that affect connective tissues (i.e., Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, etc.), Sarkoidosis, or Alopecia Totallis.
DHI Mexico products are strongly recommended by our team of specialists for combatting hair loss. These products contain natural ingredients from the Mediterranean such as laurel, olive oil, and sunflower, as well as extracts of Hellenic herbs, which give life and vitality to the hair follicle and elongates the anagen phase of hair life. For this reason, they are a perfect complement to the Direct Hair Implantation treatment. Our shampoos, for both men and women, also contain the latest generation of oligopeptides that protect and nourish different hair types (i.e., dry, normal, or greasy).
It is common that the micropigmentation technique is compared with the hair tattoo technique, however, there are important differences that are perceived in the results. Among the main ones are the following:
Hair Tattoo technique
- In the hair tattoo technique, the instruments that are used are the same ones that are used while tattooing other parts of the body. That is, the needles are of the same caliber, as well as the ink.
- The session is done in a single day and the results are obtained immediately through the scalp tattoo.
- The patient feels the same intensity of pain as in a tattoo.
- The hair tattoo is permanent, so if the patient changes his decision he can not reverse it.
- The color of the ink can be degraded over time, like any other tattoo.
- It uses a fine needle and an ink specially created for the needs of the scalp.
- Several sessions are carried out, in the first one the ink is applied in a layer of the skin and it is expected that there is a healing process so that it emerges to the surface, which takes 72 hrs. approximately.
- The procedure is painless due to the instruments that are used, as well as by the area in which the application is made.
- This technique is semi-permanent, requires a touch-up every two or three years depending on the wear of each patient, this allows the density effect on the hair to be preserved.
- The ink that is used is completely safe since it is designed exclusively for this practice, so there are no allergic reactions.