Wondering what you need to cross the border from San Diego to Tijuana? It is very easy! If you’ve chosen DHI Mexico as the place to get your hair transplant done, it’s now time to plan your visit, whether you are traveling from as close as Southern California or from a farther city on another state. Here´s a list of things you need to know beforehand:
HOW TO GET TO TIJUANA
Tijuana is only 15 miles from downtown San Diego. According to your needs, you can choose between these options to cross the border:
- CBX, a pedestrian bridge that connects San Diego to the Tijuana International Airport (TIJ). From there, you can use a taxi, rent a car, or get an UBER to get to our clinic.
- By car or walking:
- Through San Ysidro:
- PedWest (aka “El Chaparral”).
- PedEast (where the trolley station is).
- Through Otay Mesa.
DHI Mexico is conveniently located near these border crossing options. If needed, we can help you arrange transportation and accommodation. We are partnered with Quartz Hotel & Spa so that you can book at the lowest rates available to the public in one of Tijuana’s newest luxury hotels.
WHAT TO BRING
When crossing the border, you’ll need to have a valid passport to enter Mexico. When re-entering the United States, U.S. citizens are required to show their passport, Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST), or an Enhanced Driver´s License. Resident aliens must have a valid green card.
Citizens of other countries must carry a valid passport with a valid I-94 or multiple entry visa or visa waiver to re-enter the United States. For more information on Mexico´s border crossing requirements, visit Smart Border Coalition or San Diego Tourism Authority.
In order to have the best experience the day of your hair transplant, don’t forget to:
- Wear comfortable clothes. You’ll wear nothing but a medical gown during the procedure, but before and after it, you will need to be fully clothed to follow the pre and post-operative instructions.
- Bring a button-down shirt. For the first few days after the procedure, the transplanted area of the scalp should be treated with extreme care. To prevent grafts from dislodging, avoid any clothes that require being pulled over the head.
- Carry a small travel handbag. You won’t be able to bring your personal belongings inside the operation room. By bringing a bag, you can have all your things collected and safe in one place.
Once the procedure is done, you’ll be able to return to your hometown or rest in the hotel of your choice here in Tijuana. If you plan to return home, you can check the best time to cross the border from Tijuana to San Diego here.
Ready for this journey? We are looking forward to your visit. Please, feel free to contact us regarding any questions you may have.